Are you looking for how to become a DoorDash Driver? Then you are a read away from being one. DoorDash is one of the popular food delivery companies and they offer quite a lot. As you read through, we will be showing you the steps that you can take in being one.
A “Dasher,” the term used for a driver working with DoorDash, is a freelance food delivery driver assigned to transport orders from restaurants and shops to customers.
Dasher’s responsibilities encompass collecting orders and ensuring their swift delivery to customers in alignment with the company’s guidelines.
Commonly referred to as gig workers, DoorDash drivers are self-employed contractors with the autonomy to establish their work hours and decide on their work frequency.
This characteristic grants the role exceptional flexibility, enabling drivers to accommodate their existing obligations.
How to Become a DoorDash Driver
Offering an opportunity devoid of extended commitments or obligations, DoorDash presents an excellent avenue to supplement your income while introducing adaptability into your routine.
Once you’ve determined that becoming a DoorDash driver aligns with your preferences, the subsequent phase involves initiating the driver onboarding process.
This process is intentionally streamlined to ensure simplicity and ease.
- How Much Do FedEx Drivers Make an Hour?
- How Much Do Amazon Drivers Make?
- Become a Medical Courier Independent Contractor
- Amazon Delivery Partner: All You Need to Know
Here’s the sequence of actions you’ll undertake to commence your journey as a DoorDash driver:
1. Go Through the Sign-Up Process
Select the “Become a Dasher” option and input your information, which includes your name, contact number, and email address. This action will kickstart the registration procedure.
2. Complete the Application
Following your registration, you’ll be required to furnish supplementary details such as information about your vehicle (including its make, model, and year), your driver’s license number, and your insurance particulars.
There’s a possibility that you’ll also need to submit a profile picture and your banking details for payment purposes.
These requirements form a routine aspect of the application process, serving to confirm your eligibility for driving with DoorDash.
3. Consent to a Background Check
Every DoorDash driver must successfully undergo a background examination, a process that evaluates aspects such as their criminal background and driving history.
This measure is taken to guarantee the safety of both customers and drivers.
As part of this process, you’ll need to grant consent for the background check by supplying your Social Security number and other relevant personal details.
Following this, DoorDash will initiate a background assessment through Checkr and communicate the outcomes to you within a span of five to ten business days.
4. Attend Orientation
Upon successfully clearing the background check, you’ll receive an invitation to participate in an instructive orientation session.
During this session, you’ll receive insights into the DoorDash platform, guidance on utilizing the driver app, and crucial information.
The orientation might be held either in person or online, contingent on the location. As part of the onboarding process, the company will dispatch an activation kit to you, containing driver resources and other valuable information.
5. Start Driving
Following the conclusion of the orientation, you’re set to begin accepting DoorDash delivery assignments and generating income as a driver.
Yet, to commence driving, you must download the DoorDash driver app and sign in using your account credentials.
Through the app, you’ll receive delivery requests and have the option to either agree or decline them according to your schedule. The majority of deliveries typically take around 20 minutes to an hour to fulfill.
What are the Roles and Responsibilities of a DoorDash Driver?
Now that you have become acquainted with the identity of Dashers, let’s delve into comprehending the obligations and duties associated with a DoorDash delivery role.
As a DoorDash driver, your responsibilities encompass the following:
1. Collecting restaurant orders and delivering them to customers’ residences or businesses.
2. Operating your vehicle in a safe manner and adhering to all traffic rules and regulations.
3. Interacting with customers in a courteous and professional manner.
4. Maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of your vehicle while on duty.
As a Dasher, the following are your duties:
1. Access the DoorDash app at your convenience or at the commencement of a pre-scheduled shift within the app.
2. Decide whether to accept incoming orders.
3. Upon accepting an order, proceed to the restaurant to pick it up.
4. Upon order readiness, make payment using your Red Card which is an official DoorDash reloadable prepaid card that ensures security and ease of use.
5. Deliver the order to the customer.
6. Hand over the order to the customer and, if applicable, receive a cash payment from them and promptly record the transaction within the app.
What are the Requirements to be a DoorDash Driver?
Now that we have a grasp of your expected responsibilities as a DoorDash delivery driver, let’s delve into the eligibility criteria that define whether you are suitable for the role or not.
Before submitting your application, let’s ensure that the role aligns with your qualifications! Here are some of the prerequisites for becoming a DoorDash driver:
1. Applicants for DoorDash should have attained a minimum age of 18 years.
2. Possession of a valid driver’s license and an insurance policy is mandatory.
3. Successful clearance of online background checks, criminal checks, and driving record checks is essential.
4. Ownership of a smartphone (either Android or iPhone) for the Dasher App is a requirement.
5. Provision of a social security number is necessary.
6. Completion of driving records and background checks is obligatory.
How Much Money DoorDash Drivers Make?
DoorDash drivers have the potential to make approximately $20 to $25 per hour. Therefore, for a daily 8-hour shift, the annual earnings could range from $42,240 to $52,800.
Numerous elements contribute to calculating your potential income as a DoorDash driver.
The three primary factors influencing this are:
The greater popularity of restaurants in your vicinity increases the likelihood of you qualifying for incentives and bonuses.
These incentives might comprise perks like complimentary delivery or a portion of tips from specific customer orders.
The bonuses differ depending on the type of restaurant from which deliveries are made and whether these restaurants provide additional bonuses for particular deliveries.
Whether you receive incentives or not will also determine your earnings as a Dasher. Incentives encompass elements like a portion of tips from a specific order.
- Out for Delivery Meaning in Amazon
- How Much Do Instacart Shoppers Make?
- Tendered to Delivery Service Provider
- Cheapest Way to Ship Golf Clubs with UPS
After successfully completing the DoorDash registration and having your driving record verification finalized, you can initiate active deliveries according to your preferred schedule.
The onboarding procedure and orientation, whether online or in-person, are smooth. Following this, you’ll obtain your activation kit and commence earning additional income.
Moreover, if you are seeking a method to harmonize your personal life, embracing the role of a DoorDash driver can grant you the freedom to work on your own terms.
Nonetheless, to distinguish yourself as a standout Dasher amidst the numerous individuals in the role, you need to excel.