How does USPS Click and Ship Work? Do you wish to find out? Then hold on to your seat belt and go nowhere. As you read on, we will show you how the USPS click and ship works and how you will benefit from it.
How Does USPS Click and Ship Work?
Click n Ship is a convenient service offered by USPS that enables you to efficiently arrange bookings and shipping for packages online, specifically for Priority Mail, Express Mail, and International Mail services. Essentially, it serves as an online platform for crafting personalized shipments.
- What Time Does Usps Stop Delivering on Sunday
- USPS Redelivery Tracking
- When Does UPS Stop Delivering?
- How to Get UPS Tracking Number SF Express
To utilize Click n Ship, all you need to do is register for a USPS account, have access to a printer, and use your credit card. With Click n Ship, you can:
1. Purchase postage labels directly on the USPS website.
2. Make postage payments using major credit cards.
3. Calculate and compare shipping rates.
4. Standardize addresses.
5. Find zip codes.
6. Obtain insurance coverage of up to $200.
7. Store up to 1,000 domestic and international addresses in an online address book.
8. Receive shipping notifications via email for the recipient.
9. Print up to 10 domestic labels in a single credit card transaction.
10. View postage labels from the previous six months in your shipping history.
11. Manage your account easily through the “My Account” portal.
At present, you have the capability to generate USPS Click n Ship labels for the subsequent domestic and international shipping options:
1. Global Express Guaranteed
2. Global Express Mail
3. Priority Mail
4. Express Mail
Nonetheless, it’s currently not possible to produce Click n Ship labels for First-Class services.
How To Use USPS Click N Ship
To use the service, you must first sign up for an account on the USPS website. Here’s a step-by-step guide to using this service:
1. Create a Free USPS Account
To utilize the services of any courier, it is necessary for you to establish an account.
2. Generate a Shipping Label
To generate your shipping label, you will input the recipient’s address. Click n Ship provides the convenience of an Address Book, allowing you to store and reuse a list of delivery destinations.
This feature proves valuable when you frequently send packages to the same addresses.
3. Pick Additional Actions
You have the option to indicate whether you wish to receive tracking updates and email notifications.
Furthermore, you can decide whether to inform the recipient that their order has been shipped, hold it for pickup, or include the address in your Address Book.
4. Enter the Shipping Date
Complete the field specifying when you want your package to be dispatched.
It’s important to ensure the accuracy of the chosen date, as certain Post Offices may decline to send your package if it’s submitted for delivery after the scheduled shipping date.
5. Enter Package Weight
USPS and various courier services determine shipping costs based on either weight or box dimensions, depending on which of the two is greater.
You can choose between conventional postage rates, which are calculated based on the weight or size of the package, and Flat Rate, which charges a fixed fee for packages weighing less than 70 pounds.
Typically, a Flat Rate becomes the more cost-effective option when you are sending larger or heavier packages. You can obtain free Flat Rate boxes from USPS through their online ordering service.
7. Enter Package Value
The majority of USPS shipments come with insurance coverage, which varies depending on the chosen service option and can range from $50 to $100.
At this juncture, you also have the choice to augment the insurance amount by up to $5,000.
8. Add Delivery Instructions
This section is where you can specify any particular instructions you have for the delivery, such as scheduling pick-ups or requesting any particular actions.
9. Choose USPS Shipping Service
This is where you decide the price and delivery speed for your shipment. You can choose from Priority Mail, Express Mail, Global Express Guaranteed, and Global Express Mail. Flip through the options until you find a price and timeline that fits your needs.
Choose USPS Shipping Service for Click and Ship
10. Add Value-Added Features
Desire signature confirmation? You can include it here. Tracking is provided at no cost for all shipments.
11. Finish and Print Label
The final step involves reviewing your shipping order and making the payment for the shipping label.
Ultimately, you will be presented with the choice of either printing your labels immediately, printing them at the Post Office, or downloading the label.
How Much Does it Cost?
The cost of using Click n Ship is determined by several factors, including the chosen mail class, package weight, and dimensions, and the destination address.
However, USPS provides special discounts for users of this exclusive service. While scheduled carrier pickups are free, there might be additional charges for specialized services like on-demand pickups.
Below, we present a few rate comparisons to help you grasp the pricing associated with this service:
1. Priority Mail Flat Rate envelope for domestic shipping: $4.80 in-store / $4.75 online
2. Priority Mail Flat Rate box for domestic shipping: $9.80 in-store / $9.30 online
3. Express Mail Flat Rate envelope for domestic shipping: $16.50 in-store / $16 online
4. A 1-pound parcel shipped less than 150 miles via Express Mail: $12.60 in-store / $12.22 online
5. A 1-pound parcel shipped more than 150 miles via Priority Mail: $4.80 in-store / $4.75 online
While these discounts may appear modest for individual shipments, it’s important to consider how they can accumulate significantly with a high volume of shipments, this is where economies of scale come into play.
If you are a small business that regularly sends out a large number of packages, these discounts could substantially reduce your overall shipping expenses. You can find additional information about potential savings here.
- Amazon Tracking Number Lookup
- Become a Medical Courier Independent Contractor
- How Much Do Instacart Shoppers Make?
- Tendered to Delivery Service Provider
Click n Ship, USPS’s online shipping platform offers a convenient way to organize and pay for shipments, with cost savings through special discounts for its users.
While individual discounts may seem modest, they can have a significant impact when shipping in volume, making it a valuable tool for businesses looking to reduce their shipping costs over time.
Whether you’re sending a single package or managing a large shipping operation, Click n Ship provides an efficient solution for your shipping needs.