If you have recently ordered something online or sent a package through UPS, you may be wondering, “can I track a UPS package by order number?” The answer is yes, but there are some things to keep in mind. Let’s look at some of the limitations and potential issues that can arise from that.
Tracking your packages is essential in today’s world of online shopping and shipping. UPS, one of the largest shipping companies in the world, provides various ways to track your packages.
However, some people wonder if it is possible to track their package using only the order number because it can be confusing to know if the tracking number is the same as an order number.
A UPS order number is a unique identifier assigned to a package or shipment when it is created.
This number is different from the tracking number, which is assigned when the package is scanned and picked up by UPS.
The order number is usually provided by the shipper or retailer and is used to reference the package or shipment in their systems.
Now, that we have explained the difference between an order number and a tracking number, the big question is, can I track a UPS package by order number?
- What Happens if UPS Package Didn’t Arrive on Delivery Date?
- How to Track a UPS Package from Saudi Arabia
- How Do I Track a UPS Package from UAE?
- How Do I Track a UPS Package From Israel?
Can I Track a UPS Package by Order Number?
The answer is yes, you can definitely track your package with an order number. To track a UPS package using the order number, you will need to follow these steps:
1. Go to the UPS website and click on the “Tracking” tab.
2. Select “Track by Reference” from the drop-down menu.
3. Enter your UPS order number in the “Shipment Reference” field.
4. Enter your destination country and zip code or postal code in the appropriate fields.
5. Click on the “Track” button.
If your order number matches a package that has been shipped with UPS, you will be able to see its tracking information.
This may include the package’s current location, delivery status, and expected delivery date.
Potential Issues and Benefits with Tracking by Order Number
While it is possible to track a UPS package using the order number, there are some potential issues to keep in mind. The first is that not all retailers or shippers provide the order number to their customers.
If you did not receive an order number, you will need to use the tracking number provided by UPS or contact the retailer for assistance.
Another issue is that the order number may not be unique. Some retailers use the same order number for multiple packages, which can cause confusion and inaccurate tracking information.
If you are having trouble tracking your package using the order number, it may be helpful to contact the shipper or retailer for assistance.
One benefit of tracking your package using the order number is that it can be easier to remember and reference than a tracking number.
Additionally, if you have multiple packages from the same shipper or retailer, you can use the same order number to track them all in one place.
Tips for Efficient Package Tracking
Whether you are using the order number or tracking number, there are some tips to keep in mind to make package tracking more efficient:
1. Sign up for email or text notifications to receive updates on your package’s status.
2. Use the UPS mobile app to track your packages on the go.
3. If you have multiple packages, create a UPS My Choice account to manage them all in one place.
4. If you need to change the delivery address or reschedule delivery, use the UPS website or mobile app to make the necessary changes.
In conclusion, it is possible to track a UPS package using the order number, but it is important to keep in mind the potential issues and limitations.
Not all retailers or shippers provide an order number, and it may not be unique, which can cause confusion.
However, tracking by order number can be more convenient and easier to remember than a tracking number.
By following the steps outlined in this article and using the tips for efficient package tracking, you can stay up-to-date on the status of your UPS packages.