As a regular online shopper with UPS (United Parcel Service), asking the question “Do you need an ID to pick up a package from UPS?” is a varied question that will be answered informatively in the article.
In order to collect your parcel from a UPS Access Point location, you are to bring a government-issued photo ID and a tracking number. If someone else is picking it up for you, they should provide the Info Notice or release form.
If your shipper provides a package release code for your delivery, your friend or family member can present their photo ID and the code to pick up your package.
Do you Need an ID to Pick Up a Package from UPS?
Consumers who send a shipment to any retail shipping location are required to show a government-issued photo ID as a means of identification. It is advisable that the person tendering the shipment must match the photo.
This procedure includes all retail shipping locations worldwide, including authorized shipping outlets, alliances, and MBE locations.
Customers who have already prepared a shipping label for example, through their business or personal UPS account are not currently required to present an ID.
- Why Does UPS Take So Long to Update Tracking?
- How Do UPS Packages Get Delivered?
- How Long Will UPS Hold a Package?
- How Long Does It Take for UPS to Process a Package?
Requirements to Receive a Package From a UPS Access Point Location?
To be able to access your package, identification requirements will be demanded. These requirements are what you are expected to show as proof that the package belongs to you.
Without this requirement you will definitely not be allowed access to your parcel, also do well to keep them confidential. Below are there the necessary requirement needed:
1. You’ll have to present a government-issued photo Id showing that the last name and full address correspond with the last name and full address on the package.
2. Should in case someone else need to stand in for you, they will be expected to bring with them a valid government-issued photo ID or another valid photo ID containing the full name.
A utility bill, tax bill, or bank statement should be bought along with full name and proof of connection to the address on the UPS label or to the named person.
3. You must present a government-issued photo ID where the full address or name on the ID corresponds with the full address or name on the package label.
You will be asked to provide the package tracking number to the UPS Access Point representative if the last name or full address doesn’t match.
4. Present a government-issued photo ID and your shipper-provided package release code (if required).
5. This option is currently available only at The UPS Store locations. My Choice for Business customers is to be able to provide a UPS package release form when picking up packages.
The UPS package release form includes shipment/order details for the package (recipient or alternate name, shipper name, UPS Access Point location address, and tracking number).
The release form can be printed or provided to the UPS Access Point location from your smart device at the time of pick-up with a valid ID.
What is a Package Release Code?
A Package Release Code is a 4-6 digit numerical code. The shipper is responsible for producing, recording, and transmitting the Package Release Code to the consignee.
You will be notified on shipment notifications or tracking status updates if you need a code to collect your package, your shipper will provide the code directly to you.
The package release code is a 4-6 digit numerical code that is provided by the shipper and is different from the tracking number.
It is safe to say that UPS offers the best shipping service, all you need to do is provide the identification requirements stated below and your package will be delivered to your location.
The good part of this process is someone else can actually stand in to receive your package if only they provide the proper identification requirements (the person tendering the shipment must match the photo).