If you are consistence with UPS shipments, asking questions about how to track a UPS shipment without a tracking number? shouldn’t be a problem. UPS has provided other measures by which you can track your shipment other than using a tracking number. This article will discuss extensively the other ways to track your shipment.
A tracking number gives you detailed information about your package from the start of delivery to the finish. If you’re in a situation where you don’t have a tracking number, delivery companies like UPS Package now have free tools that allow you to track your package online.
To use these tools, you have to visit the company’s website and register for an account. Once you make your account, it’s just a matter of logging in and finding the correct package based on other shipping details.
How to Track a UPS Shipment Without a Tracking Number?
One of the best parts of reformed shipping services like UPS is the tracking feature, which allows you to keep an eye on your package while it makes its way to its final destination. There are many reasons you might need to track a package without a tracking number. It could be that you lost the number or it was never provided to you.
Should in case you ever find yourself in this situation, several ways have been provided below to track your package and find out where it is and when it will arrive.
- What Does UPS Tracking Status “Delivered to Agent” Mean?
- What Does UPS Tracking Status “Scheduled Delivery” Mean?
- How to Find UPS Tracking Number: Step-by-Step Guide
- How Do I Know When My UPS Package Will Be Delivered?
1. Register for UPS My Choice.
To register with UPS My Choice, follow the steps below.
1. Visit https://www.ups.com/us/en/services/tracking/mychoice.page. My Choice will allow you to track packages being sent through UPS. Click on the yellow Continue button at the bottom of the membership you want. Once you are on the registration page, fill in your personal details and verify your address.
2. log in to https://www.ups.com. Visit the UPS website and click Login on the top of the page. Enter the details that you used when you registered your account and click Log In.
3. Click the Tracking tab at the top of the page. Once you’ve logged in, you can view all pending packages by clicking the Tracking tab at the top of the page.
4. Find the package you want to track and click on its tracking number link. This will bring you to a new page that will display details on where it last was and where it is now.
2. Tracking with Informed Delivery
To be able to track your package using informed delivery follow the steps below.
1. Visit https://reg.usps.com/entreg/RegistrationAction_input. Fill out the form with your personal information and address.
2. Sign in and go to your dashboard. Click Track and Manage at the top of the screen, then scroll down to My UPS. This page is your dashboard and will have a list of all of the packages you’ve received or sent in days.
3. Click on the package you want to track. Clicking on the package will bring up additional details, including where it currently is, and the post office where the package last was.
4. Submit a search request if your package is lost. If a package hasn’t been delivered within 7 days of the estimated delivery date, you can submit a search request and have USPS look for the package.
3. By using a Reference Number
A reference number is a unique package ID that you assign through bar-coded information for each of your mail pieces. To use this method, follow the steps below.
1. Go to https://www.ups.com/WebTracking/track?loc=en_US
2. Click Track by Reference Number
3. You’ll see a pop-up page where you’ll need to select the type of shipment you want to track. Enter other tracking details such as Shipment Reference, Shipper Account Number, Date Range, and Destination Country
4. Enter the Destination ZIP/Postal Code and click Track. You will see all the information regarding your package including where it last was and where it is now.
UPS offers diverse alternative tracking methods should in case you’ve lost or cannot access your tracking numbers, such as creating a free UPS My Choice account, which displays all past and current packages associated with the address attached to your account.
You can track a UPS package without a tracking number by making a free UPS My Choice account with the receiving address of the package you want to track, or you can use the ‘Track by Reference’ feature