If you’re expecting a package to be delivered to you via UPS Ground, you may find yourself needing to change the delivery address at some point. So, you may find yourself asking can I change the delivery address for my UPS ground package. Let’s find out.
Fortunately, UPS does offer the ability to change your delivery address, but there are certain conditions and limitations that you should be aware of.
Let’s take a closer look at the process of changing your delivery address for a UPS Ground package, including when it’s possible and how to do it. UPS Ground is one of the most popular shipping services offered by UPS.
It’s often used for packages that don’t require expedited delivery and can take anywhere from 1 to 5 business days to arrive, depending on the destination.
When you ship something via UPS Ground, you’ll receive a tracking number that you can use to track the progress of your package online. This tracking number will also provide you with an estimated delivery date.
But what if you are not around to receive it? You may ask, “can I change the delivery address for my UPS ground package?”
- Can I Track My UPS Ground Package With the UPS App?
- Can I Track My UPS Ground Package Internationally?
- Does UPS Ground Tracking Show the Delivery Date?
- How Do I Track My UPS Ground Package?
Can I Change the Delivery Address for My UPS Ground Package?
You can change the delivery address for your UPS Ground package at any point before the package is out for delivery.
This means that if you realize you won’t be available to receive the package at the original address, you can change the address as long as the package hasn’t been loaded onto the delivery truck yet.
Once the package is out for delivery, however, you won’t be able to change the address. This means that you have to be careful where you put as your delivery point and be there.
How to Change Your Delivery Address
Changing the delivery address for a UPS Ground package is a fairly simple process. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Go to the UPS website and log in to your account.
2. Click on the “Tracking” tab and enter your package tracking number.
3. Click on the “Change Delivery” button.
4. Follow the prompts to enter your new delivery address.
5. Once you’ve submitted the new address, UPS will update the package’s delivery information and reroute the package to the new address.
There are a few limitations and restrictions that you should be aware of when it comes to changing the delivery address for a UPS Ground package. These include:
1. Keep the new address within the same country as the original address.
2. Valid street address is required for the delivery not P.O box or rural routes.
3. The new delivery address must be within the same UPS delivery area as the original address.
There may be an additional fee for changing the delivery address, depending on the specific circumstances.
Tips for Changing Your Delivery Address
If you need to change the delivery address for your UPS Ground package, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
1. Try to make the change as early as possible to ensure that the package is rerouted in time.
2. Make sure the new address is correct and complete to avoid any delivery delays or issues.
3. Be aware of any additional fees that may apply and factor them into your decision.
4. Consider using UPS My Choice to manage your deliveries and get real-time updates on your package’s status.
Changing the delivery address for a UPS Ground package is a straightforward process, but it’s important to be aware of the limitations and restrictions.
As long as you make the change before the package is out for delivery, you should be able to reroute the package to a new address with ease.
Now that we have answered the question, “can I change the delivery address for my UPS ground package?” You know what to do to not miss your chance to change your package’s delivery point.